- The enamel on the top surface of your tooth is the hardest part of your entire body!
- Milk teeth start to form before you are born but only come through once the child is between 6-12months old.
- Mans use 4 different types of teeth to cut chew and grind their food. These teeth are incisors, canine, premolars and molars.
- Humans only have 2 sets of teeth to last them their entire lifetime. Once you have all your permanent teeth make sure you look after them and brush twice a day!
- Your teeth are as unique as your fingerprint, no two sets are the same.
- In a lifetime your mouth will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools! Saliva has many uses, including assisting you with your digestion and protecting teeth from bacteria.
- An average person will spend 38.5 days brushing their teeth over their lifetime.8. Many diseases are linked to your oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis and diabetes.
- Only two-thirds of your tooth is visible, the other third is hidden underneath your gums.
- Many diseases are linked to your oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis and diabetes.
- If your tooth gets knocked out, put it in milk and hold it in your mouth, this will help the tooth to survive longer. And of course, make sure you see your dentist right away!
10 fun facts about teeth!